At the end of the work carried out by many friends, it makes sense to try a synthesis that, if it can’t say everything, at least tries to highlight some key factors of the topic. There are four maps, they must be read together because we tried to indicate a path, a process, which from what we received arrives at today’s issues. Especially the summaries help keep the staple of the charism, that is the true “main character” of these pages. A charism to actualize, to investigate, to develop, so that it could be dynamic today and bearer of good results for educators and youths entrusted to them.
To learn more...
60. Drawing a map… IV
Let us try to collect these latest contributions around a “red thread” that can help us grasp, within the variety of contributions, other common elements that help us define the murialdine pedagogy, called “educating the heart”, “pedagogy of love”.
- Starting from …
- reading Sacred Scripture helps us understand the pedagogy that God uses for man and the people, a pedagogy of love that often it is difficult to understand. A message at times “robust”, sometimes “rough”, the biblical scholar reminds us, but with a clear purpose: that of human and religious growth. It is not easy to accept that love becomes demanding, asks for compromise and to engage, in a process that often does not see a happy outcome, cheaply achieved.
- Murialdo very often refers to Sacred Scripture, quoting it at times to confirm an idea and other times to illuminate a situation. There are so many quotations, some of which occur more frequently than others, a sign of a spiritual sensitivity that in the biblical text is continually nourishing his personal journey and his ministry as an educator.
- It is useful not to lose sight ofthe liturgical year, that in the scanning of the day offers us a pedagogy, towards the discovery of the mystery of Christ, an aid to the construction of the Christian community and support of one’s journey as a believer. A pedagogical way through which the mystery is revealed and we can grasp all the wealth.
- The tradition is not a lash that closes and does not allow to go beyond the methods, principles, pedagogical choices. It has an “inspiring” assessment , that proposes some fundamental values that must be reinterpreted over time, deepened, developed, Tradition has delivered to us a history that should be continued with “creative fidelity”.
- Finally to operatein wonder, knowing that the Lord knows how to surprise us in every season of our lives so that we can be witnesses to others of these surprises
2…in order to be faithful …
2.1 The Murialdine educational relationship is in itself generative, in that generating that every man needs, especially in his early years. This calls the educator to be able to sow, cultivate, grow, so that every boy / girl matures and expresses their full potential in life.
2.2 The attention to the individual does not exclude to grow together with others, since in the relationship with their peers there are many positive pedagogical data that you can bring out. Among other things, the growing together is to lay the foundations of a possible human community ever more capable of relationship, of communion and solidarity.
2.3 Working in Network is for the educator a key factor, a sign of openness to collaboration that the specifics of each contribution and each educational figure makes germinate a method corresponding to the goal. The first loyalty of the educator is not to his ideas or his methods, but to the people entrusted to him, for this networking allows comparison, updating, evaluation, perception of new processes and changes often necessary and appropriate.
3… to be educators “nowadays ”
3.1 We remain young today, living in our own cultural, social, economic, religious context. The educator carries out his ministry in a very specific environment. Fidelity to one’s time does not eliminate criticism and protest, if and when they are needed, but asks to be open to the world, the real horizon in which the educational journey is.
3.2 The question on the method of education, on pedagogy, is not made in order to make a show; it becomes a serious examination of conscience on our work in actuality. Each artist believes all his work as “new” and “unique” in comparison to the other. Even the teacher knows he must confront his ministry in a process that does not let him relaxing in the “it was said already” and in “it has always done so”
3.3 The context of cultural and religious pluralism is the situation we find ourselves in and which we want especially to take the positives and promotional attitudes for all people and for every person. We ourselves feel promoters of a culture able to relate, through a process of giving and receiving that starts from the respect of the dignity of the one with whom I come into dialogue. The pope would say that today is essential to educate the “culture of the encounter.”
3.4 Finally … we are called to be generous as the sower, merciful as the good shepherd, faithful as the disciple, in order to learn to be somehow like Murialdo, witnesses of a “pedagogy of love”.